Working Remotely During and After a Pandemic
Episode 002 • 41 min
Unless you’re an essential worker (thank you), you’re likely working from home right now. And for many of us, this is a whole new reality.
With stay-at-home orders across the world, companies, and individuals are shifting to work remotely, at a scale we’re never seen before. How are they handling the challenges of this transition? Is the cat out of the bag on remote work, will we see more companies shift now that we’re all experiencing this paradigm? We discuss the challenges and ways forward with two experts: Tracy Brower, Ph.D. sociologist, and principal within Steelcase’s Applied Research + Consulting Group; and Richard Banfield, Vice President of Design Transformation at InVision, one of the largest, full distributed companies in the world. Plus our Weekly Dose of Good Design.
Weekly Dose of Good Design
- Video: Design Museum LIVE: Remote Working: Designing Your New Normal – Ryann Hoffman
- Book: Bring Work to Life by Bringing Life to Work: A Guide for Leaders and Organizations by Tracy Brower
- Book: Design Sprint: A Practical Guidebook for Building Great Digital Products by Richard Banfield
- Book: Product Leadership by Richard Banfield
- Articles: Steelcase’s remote work resources: Making Distance Work
- Article: Running successful remote summits – InVision
- Book: The ONE Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan
- Tool: InVision Freehand
- Book: Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- E-Book: Remote Work for Design Teams By Ben Goldman, Abby Sinnott, and Greg Storey