Design Museum Foundation is seeking a talented entry level Social Media Marketing Contractor to create, manage, and execute marketing content across our social and digital media platforms. The position in a 32-40 hours per week contract and reports to the Vice President of the museum.
The Social Media Marketing Contractor will:
- Plan and implement social media campaigns for the Museum across our platforms and branches.
- Manage and drive our social media accounts.
- Post digital content on our website (WordPress) and e-newsletter (Mailchimp).
- Create graphics and write copy to post across web, print, and social media.
Qualified applications will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Mac OSX, Apple iWork suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Eventbrite, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Social Media Platforms, and WordPress.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once.
- Graphic design skills are a big plus.
- A self-starter who can receive direction but also contribute under uncertainty.
- Extremely organized and cool under pressure.
- Passion for design and education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to speak publicly, and negotiate.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and strong creative problem solving skills.
- 32-40 hours per week.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, sometimes under high stress.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50lbs.
- A professional-level laptop computer (preferably Apple)
- Begin immediately
- Reporting to the Vice President
- Hourly contract
- On-site at Design Museum Boston’s office at 50 Milk St. 15th floor Boston, MA Tuesdsay through Friday as well as at event venues around the city.
- On Mondays we work from home!
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter should outline/detail relevant experience