Duration: Fall 2019
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Location: Centrl Office, Portland
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum is seeking a Creative Marketing intern to join our team and assist us in our marketing efforts. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we plan events in unique locations all over the city to be as accessible and interesting as possible. Attention to detail and organization are essential components of this internship, as we are always in different spaces and in collaboration with different people. The internship will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering inspirational, transformational, and educational experiences.
- Professional correspondence and co-marketing with partner companies
- Research, writing, & helping to maintain social media (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Instagram/etc)
- Use marketing web tools (Hootsuite and Mailchimp)
- Assist with biweekly e-newsletter
- Ability to solve problems, work independently and in groups
- Able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
- Graphic design
- Photography or multimedia production
- Work experience in fast-paced setting
- Copywriting and social media marketing
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot!
- Knowledge of the following tools/processes:
- Familiar with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Googledocs, Dropbox, social media channels, Mailchimp, Hootsuite
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to work with a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Tuesday – Friday, on-site at Design Museum’s office in the Pearl District.
To apply please send a resume to Jennifer Jackson at email@example.com
About Design Museum:
Design Museum Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit museum headquartered in Boston, MA with additional branches in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA — and a vision to establish branches in other major cities around the U.S. At Design Museum Portland, we believe design can change the world. Done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make business more competitive, and protect our environment. Design awareness, education, and expertise are more important now than ever before as design continues to impact communities, organizations, and markets around the world. We’re redefining what it means to be a museum in the 21st century — we are online, nomadic, and accessible to all through a collection of exhibitions, events, and content. Design is everywhere. So are we. Our mission: bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire a world full of creative problem solvers by producing inspiring exhibitions and events, educating everyone from kids to CEOs in design thinking, and transforming cities and communities through innovative public demonstration projects.