Design Museum Portland Gala 5 is about you, the design community. From bites to beats, we’ve picked out the top 5 reasons you should attend.
1. Most Creative Orange Costume Contest – When is the last time you had the opportunity to craft a truly unique fashion creation? At Gala 5, our Most Creative Orange theme encourages our guests to imagine a completely unique orange look. We’ll even have some of Portland’s best-dressed fashion icons stopping by to show off their very own Creative Orange. The best dressed of the evening will take home some prizes from local favorites.
2. Art of Catering – Nothing is better than perfectly plated food. Well, maybe except for eating it. Gala 5 will have exquisite hors-d’oeuvres, Burnside bibimbap, and Oregon harvest treats from the Art of Catering. Enjoy these mouth-watering, Instagram-worthy bites all night long.
3. “The Fifth Element” Signature Cocktail – It’s not a Gala without a perfectly designed signature cocktail. This specialty drink, created exclusively for this event from Westward Single Malt Whiskey, will be the first element that you’ll want to try when you arrive at the Gala. And yes, it is named after the classic 1997 film featuring an orange-haired protagonist. Coincidence?
4. Silent Auction – You’ll be able to bid on a retreat to WildSpring Guest Habitat, tickets to a coffee-infused Third Wave Coffee Tour, a night out to Nostrana and the Oregon Symphony, or a self-care package with Float On and Barre3. Snag a one-of-a-kind item from Portlanders Jordan Domont, LAIKA, or Vitreluxe, or decorate your home or office with FLOR carpet tiles. There’s something for each mixology, coffee, meditation, or performance addict in your life at the auction.
5. Curated Frivolity – This is your night out at the museum, full of curated elements from influential designers. Partake in unique experiences from ACME, Bridges + Blooms, Second Story, Knoll, Jupiter NEXT, and more. You’ll also find bits and pieces from Design Museum Portland exhibitions both old and new.
There’s even more to discover at Gala 5 that we can’t possibly fit into this post. Guess that means you’ll have to come and see the rest for yourself. To get your ticket for Gala 5, click here.