Our community is our top priority, and we want to share our plans for Design Museum events during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak. We understand there are many questions and recognize that this is a rapidly evolving situation. We are closely monitoring the situation with updated guidance from local authorities, acting in the best interests of guests, our staff, and the community.
All Design Museum events will now be virtual as video webinars to enable physical distancing during this time. This makes joining our events even easier – you’ll now be able to join from anywhere in the world! Check out our upcoming virtual events here.
The We Design: People. Practice. Progress. exhibition in Portland, Oregon is now closed until further notice. Check the exhibition website for the latest updates.
The health and safety of our community is the most important thing right now. We appreciate your cooperation at this time, and intend to keep you up to date as new information becomes available and procedures change accordingly. Please let us know if you have any questions. For the most up to date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, visit the CDC’s website.
How You Can Help:
- Change up the norm of shaking hands! Let’s bump elbows!
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with those with a cough or fever
- Wash hands frequently before eating and after touching shared surfaces
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not an option
- If you have recently traveled to an area identified as high risk, we ask that you seek preventative attention and err on the side of caution by self-quarantining.
- If you exhibit flu-like symptoms of fever, coughing, sneezing, or respiratory issues, we ask that you seek medical attention and self-quarantine for up to 14 days until symptoms are gone or you are cleared by a medical professional.
- If you are well, avoid collecting facemasks. The CDC does not recommend facemasks to be worn by individuals who are not sick due to a shortage for those with or treating the virus.
- Take care of yourself mentally and emotionally too!