Duration: May – August 2021 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Everywhere is seeking a Web Design intern to assist in maintaining and improving the Design Museum Everywhere site. The internship is ideal for designers who are looking to gain valuable experience in building digital experiences, communications, and UX/UI at a nonprofit cultural organization. Interns will have the opportunity to participate and contribute to strategies, deepen their web design skills, and work cross functionally with the staff to better understand needs for different programs and audiences. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we plan events and exhibitions in unique locations to be as accessible and interesting as possible, including online.
- Maintenance of current website, including posting blog posts, events, jobs, magazine articles
- Prototyping and implementing interactive design elements for the online We Design exhibition
- Research of best practices in web design, specifically for exhibitions and online content
- Develop concepts and wireframes for future phases of specific areas of the site
- Participate in team meetings and museum programs
- Strong communication skills, and comfort adapting styles to fit different audiences
- Experience in web, user experience, and user interface design
- Our site is built on WordPress and uses the Divi Builder. WordPress experience is a must!
- Passion for design and sharing design inspiration, knowledge, and education
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced setting with a remote-first team
- Graphic design experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot!
- Knowledge of the following tools/processes: Googledocs, Dropbox, Slack, Adobe Creative Suite
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer and can work remotely
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to work with a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
- Is able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with an East Coast based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to email@example.com.