Duration: May – August 2021 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Everywhere seeks a Podcast Production intern to assist with pitching, researching, writing, and developing an audio story at all stages of production. The intern will work on our podcast supporting the Design is Everywhere Writer and Producer with planning, guest research, script writing, interview preparation, and production, learning how to develop an idea into a full podcast episode. Time management, organizational skills, and an ear for compelling audio storytelling are essential to this position. The intern should be a self-motivated and passionate person who loves storytelling and wants to gain real-world experience.
- Pitch creative audio stories to the podcast team
- Research relevant resources and impactful stories in our network
- Compile interview preparation for guests
- Contribute to weekly episode scripts
- Collaborate with podcast team
- Follow through toward goals and objectives
- Able to solve problems, work independently and in groups
- Able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems on the spot
- Demonstrated sense of curiosity about the world around them and asking big questions!
- Familiarity with and passion for podcasts and the podcasting process
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Interest in writing and journalism
- Comfortable working on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously
- Experience working with many different types of people
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can work remotely
- Has their own computer
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to fit into a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with an East Coast based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to email@example.com.