Duration: May – August 2021 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Everywhere seeks a Multimedia Content Creation intern to assist with capturing, editing, and producing multimedia content for Design Museum. This intern will work on our podcast, assisting with planning, editing, and producing tasks, and with our videos–planning, editing, and producing. The intern will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with contributors, staff, and graphic designers to ensure content is delivered in a timely manner to meet deadlines and follows the Museum’s standards. Time management, organizational skills, and excellent reading/writing/editing skills are essential to this position. The intern should be a self-motivated and passionate person who loves storytelling and wants to gain real-world experience.
• Professional correspondence with event presenters, interviewees, attendees, and partners to tell a story with multiple contributors
• Research impactful stories in our network
• Audio capture and editing capabilities
• Videography capture and editing capabilities
• Ability to solve problems, work independently and in groups
• Able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
• Experience with Adobe Audition (or another DAW) is a must!
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Ability to create video and audio at high quality
• Comfortable working on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously
• Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot!
• Some graphic design experience is helpful
• Experience working with many different types of people!
We’re looking for someone who:
• Can work remotely
• Has their own computer
• Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
• Is a collaborator, able to fit into a team and boost its effectiveness
• Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
• Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
• Has multimedia production experience