Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with an application deadline of December 12, 2022.
Remote position with monthly in-person events; open to candidates who are within commuting distance of either Boston, MA or Portland, OR.
Design Museum Everywhere is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to create digital and print graphics in accordance with our brand vision. This includes our quarterly print publication, Design Museum Magazine, marketing graphics for public programs, and exhibition elements for our traveling and pop-up exhibitions. The Graphic Designer will also oversee our website, including designing and updating content and making UX/UI recommendations. The Graphic Designer collaborates across departments and reports to the Executive Director.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for advancing equity in design, visual storytelling, and the museum’s mission to inspire social change through the transformative power of design.
- Update and maintain brand guidelines for organization across all platforms and collateral.
- Create cover design and magazine spreads for Design Museum Magazine, our quarterly print publication on design impact. Collaborate with magazine contributors as necessary.
- Create print and digital collateral for programs and fundraising and marketing campaigns.
- Work with Communications and Content Associate to produce compelling digital graphics for e-newsletter, website, social media.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to create pitch decks and visually engaging proposals.
- Create exhibition elements, including design of posters or free standing modules, floor plans and elevations for venues, and exhibition layouts, working closely with Exhibition Manager.
- Oversee Design Museum Everywhere’s website, including designing and updating content in WordPress and making recommendations for future website redesign.
- Coordinate with external partners to acquire design assets and vendors for production.
- Utilize best practices for accessibility across all projects.
- Other design projects as needed.
- At least 2 years of graphic design experience in both print and digital platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with the following tools/processes: WordPress, Google Docs, Asana, and Notion.
- Illustration and/or video editing experience is a plus.
- Collaborative spirit, and experience working across departments and with external stakeholders and community members.
- A demonstrated commitment to anti-racist practices in design and communications, and an understanding of accessibility standards.
- Begin ASAP
- Full-time: Hours are generally 9-5pm ET Monday-Thursday with Flexible Fridays.
- Remote-first position, but candidates will be expected to attend monthly in-person events, occasional in-person meetings, and a board/staff retreat for one week each year.
- Open to candidates within commuting distance to either Boston, MA or Portland, OR.
- Salary range: $40,000-$43,000/year
- Benefits include: 401k, Paid Time Off, 14-15 paid company holidays per year, Health/Vision/and Dental Insurance, Bonus program, Parental/Paid Family Sick leave
About Design Museum Everywhere
Design Museum Everywhere’s mission is to inspire social change through the transformative power of design. We are a community motivated by using the design process to create personal, cultural, and global impact. We produce community-centered events, exhibitions, and publications that connect the public to the power and social impact of design; educational programs about design and social change innovations in business, society, and culture; and career development and mentoring for students and design professionals.
Our guiding principles:
- We are participatory and committed to community-centered approaches.
- We believe in the power of design to improve the world around us.
- We value curiosity, collaboration, and co-creation.
- We champion inclusive design.
- We strive for our internal practices, educational programs, and creative projects to reflect the equitable and socially responsible world that we want to see.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to Maria Villafranca, Interim Executive Director, via our Application Portal.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities to apply. Learn about our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion values and goals.