Duration: September – December 2020 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Everywhere is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to join our team and assist us in designing and producing graphic assets for print and web to be used in public exhibitions, marketing, and outreach programs. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we put exhibitions in places where people already go, places like city hall, the mall, the airport, public parks, and online. Our exhibitions and marketing materials need to be clear, educational, and fun for our audience. The Graphic Design Intern will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering educational content.
The intern will:
- Develop concepts and graphic assets, web based graphics, and newsletter designs
- Assist in developing concepts and unifying the brand direction of the organization as it readies to launch new programs
- Assist in the creation of graphic assets for existing Design Museum programs as needed
- Have their own computer
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to work remotely
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to fit into a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
- Can identify our graphic language and implement it quickly
- Is capable of operating as a photographer at our events and exhibitions
Knowledge of the following tools/processes required:
Expertise with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop and Illustrator)
Pages, Keynote, Word, and Excel
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with a Boston based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to email@example.com.