Duration: January – May 2021 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum seeks an Exhibition Development Intern to assist in the research, content development, and production tasks for the museum’s national exhibitions. The intern will be responsible for developing research and content for our next major exhibition, assisting with the curation, and coordinating with contributors, staff, and graphic designers to develop exhibit assets. Time management, organizational skills, and excellent reading/writing/editing skills are essential to this position. The intern should be self-motivated and passionate intern who loves storytelling and wants to gain more exhibition and research experience.
The Intern will:
- Research, write, and edit exhibition content and related materials
- Work directly with the Program Coordinator to develop exhibition content through researching, selecting stories and targeted outreach, developing themes and graphics, collecting content and contributors, managing loans, and organizing digital and written content
- Assist in developing organizational systems and exhibition design for traveling shows
Qualified applicants will have/be:
- Organized and detail oriented with great interpersonal & communication skills
- Passion for design, curation, museum education, and/or publishing
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, and spreadsheets
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Hard worker, able to contribute under uncertainty, and learn while doing
- Graphic design skills are a plus!
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with a Boston based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.