Duration: May – August 2021 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Everywhere is seeking a Digital Marketing intern to assist in our marketing efforts. The internship is ideal for strong writers who are looking to gain valuable experience in digital marketing, communications, and social media at a nonprofit cultural organization. Interns will have the opportunity to participate and contribute to marketing strategies, deepen their marketing skill set, and gain an understanding of the relationships between storytelling, fundraising, and marketing. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we plan events in unique locations to be as accessible and interesting as possible. Attention to detail, and organization are essential components of this internship, as we are always in different spaces and in collaboration with different people. The internship will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering inspirational, transformational, and educational experiences.
- Research, writing, & helping to maintain social media (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Instagram/etc)
- Research and draft stories for weekly e-newsletter
- Draft professional correspondence and external communications, paying attention to organizational voice and priorities
- Research promotional opportunities and partnerships
- Use digital marketing tools (Social media scheduling and Mailchimp)
- Participate in team meetings and museum programs
- Strong writing skills, and comfort adapting writing styles to fit different audiences and platforms
- Experience in social media and understanding of best practices, particularly in the arts and/or nonprofit sectors
- Passion for nonprofit digital marketing, communications, and design
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced setting with a remote-first team
- Graphic design experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot!
- Knowledge of the following tools/processes: Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, Googledocs, Dropbox, social media channels, Mailchimp, Hootsuite
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer and can work remotely
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to work with a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
- Is able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with an East Coast based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.