Duration: January – May 2021 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum is seeking a Creative Marketing intern to join our team and assist us in our marketing efforts. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we plan events in unique locations all over the city to be as accessible and interesting as possible. Attention to detail and organization are essential components of this internship, as we are always in different spaces and in collaboration with different people. The internship will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering inspirational, transformational, and educational experiences.
- Professional correspondence and co-marketing with partner companies
- Research, writing, & helping to maintain social media (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Instagram/etc)
- Use marketing web tools (Social media scheduling and Mailchimp)
- Assist with biweekly e-newsletter
- Ability to solve problems, work independently and in groups
- Able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
- Graphic design
- Photography or multimedia production
- Work experience in fast-paced setting
- Copywriting and social media marketing
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot!
- Knowledge of the following tools/processes:
- Familiar with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Googledocs, Dropbox, social media channels, Mailchimp, Hootsuite
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer and can work remotely
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to work with a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Monday – Friday, to work remotely with a Boston based team. Due to COVID-19, we are planning our internships as remote positions.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples to email@example.com.