- This event has passed.
Neighborhood Design Project Final Presentations
Join us to celebrate the innovative work of our teen interns!
Ever wonder what issues teens are interested in solving? Find out on June 3rd from 5:30-8pm as our Neighborhood Design Project teens present on their semester long design projects. These 8 teams worked together from February to June to learn more about their communities and create change in their neighborhoods.
Neighborhood Design Project teaches youth design skills in an accessible, engaging, and meaningful way — along with professional development for adults who support and guide youth in Cambridge, MA. Eight teams of 6-10 youth between 14-18 years old participate in a 14-week program. With the help of mentors and coaches, leaders in the design and innovation economies, teens learn strategies for problem identification and empathetic research methods before engaging with their communities to understand problems, identify livability challenges, and use creative problem solving to explore solutions.
Jun 3 • 5:30pm – 8:00pm
All times are Eastern Time.
- This event uses Zoom Meetings
- Register for the event via Eventbrite above.
- You’ll receive a registration confirmation via email.
- Make joining the event easier: Download Zoom now.
- Before the event login to your Eventbrite account and visit the event page for this event, as the event is about to begin you will see a few options to join the Zoom webinar.
- This event will be recorded.
- Having trouble logging in? Contact us.
What To Expect
5:30pmET • Event begins
Login via the event page on Eventbrite. We’ll kick things off with news and a welcome from the Design Museum, then dive into the presentations.
5:45pmET • Presentations and Questions & Answers
Each of the 8 teams will present their work with time for questions and feedback after each presentation. You can submit questions through the chat or you can even ask your questions live — we’ll get to as many questions as possible.
8:00pmET • Live event ends
Thanks for joining us!