At Design Museum Foundation, we believe design can change the world. Our mission: bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire a world full of creative problem solvers. We do this by producing inspiring exhibitions & events, educating everyone from kids to CEOs in design thinking, and transforming cities and communities through innovative public demonstration projects — across our three branches: Boston, MA; Portland, OR; and San Francisco, CA, as well as through pop-up programming around the country.
Design Museum Foundation is seeking a Creative Marketing Associate to join our team and coordinate marketing campaigns and activities nationwide and across multiple platforms.
Our Creative Marketing Associate will be responsible for successfully implementing and maintaining our marketing communication program and ensure our brand and voice are well represented in public as we promote our programming and content. This person will coordinate internal and external communications and promotions including strategy, campaign, and collateral development; public and media relations; institutional, programmatic, and content marketing; digital media, and social media. Successful candidates will have a passion for creative development, social media, advertising, events, and public relations with skills in copywriting, graphic design, and digital platforms. He or she must be able to work independently and with a team — and have the ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns for the Museum, our programming, and our content nationwide including our three branches: Boston, MA; Portland, OR; and San Francisco, CA
- Create graphics and write copy to promote our work through print collateral, digital media, and experiential elements
- Manage and drive our social media accounts
- Produce our bi-weekly e-newsletters
- Develop and maintain a national PR plan to raise the profile of the museum
- Develop press relationships, write/send press releases, and serve as media liaison for the museum
- Produce marketing related content: stories, photos, audio, video, etc.
- Perform audience and partner research across programmatic areas of focus
- Build marketing partnerships with organizations
- Post digital content on our website (WordPress)
- Some experience managing a multi-platform marketing strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- A self-starter who can receive direction but also contribute under uncertainty
- Extremely organized and cool under pressure
- Passion for design and education
- Graphic design skills are a must — candidates must know Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign to a point where they can utilize templates and even better be creative beyond templates
- Knowledge of Mac OSX, Apple iWork suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Eventbrite, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Social Media Platforms, and WordPress
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Full-time with likely early morning, evening work
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, sometimes under high stress, with quick deadlines
- Begin immediately
- Reporting to the Executive Director
- Salary depends on strength of candidate and experience level, range: $35,000 – $45,000
- Health insurance benefits
- On Mondays we work from home!
- On-site at Design Museum Boston’s office at 50 Milk St. 15th floor Boston, MA Tuesdsay through Friday as well as at event venues around the city.
- Domestic travel required, 10-20% — mostly to Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA
- Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com