Design Museum Foundation is seeking a Marketing Manager to join the team and coordinate marketing campaigns, strategies, and activities nationwide. This position is full time with benefits.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for successfully implementing and maintaining our marketing communication programs to ensure our brand and voice are well represented in public as we promote our programming and content.
The Marketing Manager will:
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns for the Museum to promote our programming and our content nationwide.
- Create graphics and write copy for print collateral, digital media, and experiential elements.
- Manage our social media accounts, e-newsletter, and website (WordPress).
- Write and distribute press releases and establish and maintain press contacts.
- Produce original marketing related content: blog posts, stories, graphics, photos, audio, video, etc.
- Perform audience and partner research across programmatic areas of focus.
- Maintain marketing partnerships with sponsor and partner organizations.
- Grow our audience via traditional and new marketing strategies.
Qualified applications will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3-6 years of experience.
- Experience developing and enacting multi-level marketing campaigns.
- A strong social media presence, and/or demonstrable skills with social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills: listening, public speaking, oral and written communication.
Qualified applications will be:
- A creative problem solver with a passion for design and sharing the work of Design Museum.
- A self-starter who can receive collaborative direction but also work independently.
- An efficient and detail-oriented worker producing quality work on both short and long term projects.
- Observant, curious, friendly, kind, respectful, supportive of others.
- Goal oriented, but not afraid to admit when they need help.
Technical Skills Required:
- Graphic design skills are a must — candidates must know Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience in Google Docs, Pages/Microsoft Word, Keynote/Powerpoint, Dropbox.
- Expertise with professional Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, and managing through Hootsuite.
- Experience with Eventbrite, Mailchimp, and WordPress.
- Begin ASAP
- Full-time: Monday-Friday
- On-site at Design Museum Foundation’s office at 50 Milk St. 16th Floor, Boston, MA
- Salary range: $50,000-60,000
- Benefits include: 401k, Paid Time Off, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, Bonus program, Work-from-home Mondays
- We work in a collaborative team environment with a non-profit-meets-startup mentality.
- Our jobs are full time, with morning, evening, and weekend events and an all hands on deck attitude at events.
- We eat lunch together as team every day.
- We are all creative problem solvers, even on-the-fly.
- Ownership, autonomy, and initiative — We anticipate future needs/tasks.
- We ask questions and are curious.
- We all want to see Design Museum succeed, and this means participating in events and caring about our mission, content, and design overall.
- We’re flexible! Things in our environment change quickly. We roll with the punches.
Email cover letter, design work samples, and resume to email@example.com
Cover letter should outline/detail experience.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.