Duration: January 1 – May 13, 2016 (flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Location: 50 Milk Street, Boston, MA
Time: 24-32 hours/week
Interns at Design Museum Foundation are provided with some of the most unique experiences one can receive as a student. Interns become an integral member of our team and play a vital role in the success of the organization.
Design Museum Foundation is seeking an Exhibition/Curatorial intern to join our team this spring. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent research, writing and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with our whole team. The intern will report to and assist the Program Coordinator in variety of duties such as communications, organization, research and writing, developing web content, event support, and assisting with our retail store.
Qualified applicants will have/be:
- Enrolled in degree program and applying to satisfy academic credit requirements
- Passion for design, education, and/or nonprofit arts administration
- Organized and detail oriented with good interpersonal & communication skills
- Familiarity of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, spreadsheets, and email marketing tools, including advanced spreadsheets and formulas — mailchimp, dropbox, eventbrite, and the like, all our software is in the cloud
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, research, communication, and organizational skills
- Hard worker, able to contribute under uncertainty and learn while doing in a startup environment
- Graphic design skills — not required but this would be a major bonus, we like to design everything we do
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in creating content for museum exhibitions; includes research, copywriting, editing, creating presentations, performing outreach to content providers, etc.
- Assist with email and written communication with partnerships including venues, content partners, vendors, etc.
- Attend and assist with exhibition meetings and planning meeting agendas.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers at various levels
- Organize files and records
- Copywriting for PR, media, advertising (press releases, etc)
- Social media and press/media outreach for exhibitions
- Help develop case study development for our national exhibitions
- Assist with Boston museum events
- Assist with our Boston retail store.
This position requires:
- 3-4 full-time days a week
- Work on site in downtown Boston, MA
- Ability to work as part of a team, sometimes under high stress
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50lbs
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.