Design Museum Foundation is a new kind of museum. We believe design can change the world. Done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make businesses more competitive, and protect our environment. Design awareness, education, and expertise are more important now than ever before as design continues to impact communities, organizations, and markets around the world. Design Museum Foundation is redefining what it means to be a museum in the 21st century — we’re online, nomadic, and accessible to all through a network of exhibitions, events, and content. Our mission: Bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire creative problem solvers and make a better world. Design is everywhere. So are we.
Design Museum Foundation is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to join our growing team and work directly with our Executive Director as we continue to grow in Boston, Portland, and San Francisco; and expand to other cities. The primary objective of the Executive Assistant is to assist our Executive Director in running the day-to-day operations of the national museum network.
Qualified applicants will have/be:
- Passionate about operations, organization, and helping others
- Bachelor’s degree
- High level of professional polish and people skills — you’ll be working with a lot of people: staff, board members, volunteers, donors, etc.
- An efficient, hard worker — you’re going to have to be to keep up with our Executive Director
- Extremely organized — we’re looking for someone more organized than our Executive Directer, and he’s pretty organized!
- A process-thinker — the museum is growing and we’re focused on developing processes that help the whole team run efficiently and effectively
- Data and database management skills
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills — there’s always a lot to write, from emails to proposals and more
- Strong knowledge of online tools and software: googledocs — including advanced spreadsheets and formulas — mailchimp, dropbox, eventbrite, and the like, all our software is in the cloud
- Graphic design skills — not required but this would be a major bonus, we like to design everything we do (and our Executive Director ends up doing a lot of this work himself), we’re a design museum after all, we love Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and inDesign skills
Responsibilities will include:
- Directly manage and help with our Executive Director’s task list — he takes on a lot, and we want him working on the more strategic areas of the museum
- Manage email and written communication from: and to: our Executive Director
- Plan and schedule meetings for our Executive Director and directly manage his calendar/daily schedule
- Attend meetings with our Executive Director, capture notes, summarize, and follow-up with attendees
- Plan, book, and coordinate travel and transportation for our Executive Director and guests
- Book and coordinate speaking engagements for our Executive Director
- Provide transportation — we need someone with a valid drivers license and clean driving record who doesn’t mind driving around cities
- Create a safe, clean, professional, high-functioning work environments across the Foundation
- Organize files and records
- Assist in financial record keeping, data capture, and metric analysis
- Coordinate PR and publicity for Executive Director and Design Museum Foundation overall
- Assist in the design and implementation of key operations processes
- Research best practices and coordinate operations programs
- Prepare and/or edit reports and presentations
- Provide and measure quality customer service
- Coordinate and manage volunteers at various levels: event personnel, designers, board members, etc.
This position requires:
- Full-time schedule with the addition of evening events — we work from home on Mondays!
- Work on site in downtown Boston, MA
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work as part of a team, sometimes under high stress
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50lbs
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range: $30,000 – $35,000
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, PTO, and we work from home on Mondays!
- To apply send a cover letter, resume, and a link to a short video (max 4 minutes) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your video please address the following:
- Introduce yourself, tell us about you.
- Why do you want this job? And tell us why you’d be great at it.
- Tell us about some of your relevant past experience.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- Tell us about your most recent halloween costume.