Duration: Fall 2019
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Location: 100 Summer Street, Boston
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum is seeking an Event Production Internship to assist us in planning, designing, developing and executing high quality educational and social events. The internship will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering inspirational, transformational, and educational experiences.
- Researching event trends, speakers, and partners
- Managing event web tools (MailChimp/Eventbrite)
- Assist with event planning
- Attend site visits with Design Museum staff
- Hands on at events, able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to solve problems, work independently and in groups
- Able to take feedback, willingness to learn new skills
- Graphic design is a plus!
- Work experience in fast-paced setting
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot!
- Knowledge of the following tools/processes:
- Familiar with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Googledocs, Dropbox, social media channels, Mailchimp, Hootsuite
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to work with a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Tuesday – Friday, on-site at Design Museum Foundation’s office in Downtown Boston.
To apply please send a resume to Jennifer Jackson at email@example.com
About Design Museum:
Design Museum Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit museum headquartered in Boston, MA with additional branches in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA — and a vision to establish branches in other major cities around the U.S. At Design Museum Boston we believe design can change the world. Done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make business more competitive, and protect our environment. Design awareness, education, and expertise are more important now than ever before as design continues to impact communities, organizations, and markets around the world. We’re redefining what it means to be a museum in the 21st century — we are online, nomadic, and accessible to all through a collection of exhibitions, events, and content. Design is everywhere. So are we. Our mission: bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire a world full of creative problem solvers by producing inspiring exhibitions and events, educating everyone from kids to CEOs in design thinking, and transforming cities and communities through innovative public demonstration projects.