Duration: January-May 2020 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Location: 100 Summer Street, Boston
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum Foundation is seeking an Exhibition Design Intern to assist us in designing and producing our exhibitions. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we put exhibitions in places where people already go – places like city hall, the mall, the airport, public parks, and online. Our exhibitions need to be clear, educational, and fun for our audience. The Exhibition Design Intern will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum Foundation’s unique approach to delivering educational content.
The intern will:
- Develop concepts and graphic assets for upcoming exhibitions
- Assist in developing concepts and unifying the brand direction of the organization as it readies to launch new programs
- Assist in the creation of graphic assets for existing Design Museum Programs as needed
- Work on 3D projects including models, exhibition layouts, and more!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to fit into a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
- Can identify our graphic language and implement it quickly
- Has STRONG 2D and/or 3D skills
- Has their own computer
Knowledge of the following tools/processes required:
Expertise with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop and Illustrator)
Pages, Keynote, Word, and Excel
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Tuesday – Friday, on-site at Design Museum Foundation’s office in Downtown Boston.
To apply please send a resume and portfolio to Jennifer at email@example.com
About Design Museum:
Design Museum Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit museum headquartered in Boston, MA with additional branches in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA — and a vision to establish branches in other major cities around the U.S. At Design Museum Boston we believe design can change the world. Done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make business more competitive, and protect our environment. Design awareness, education, and expertise are more important now than ever before as design continues to impact communities, organizations, and markets around the world. We’re redefining what it means to be a museum in the 21st century — we are online, nomadic, and accessible to all through a collection of exhibitions, events, and content. Design is everywhere. So are we. Our mission: bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire a world full of creative problem solvers by producing inspiring exhibitions and events, educating everyone from kids to CEOs in design thinking, and transforming cities and communities through innovative public demonstration projects.