Duration: January-May 2020 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Location: 100 Summer Street, Boston
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum is seeking a Marketing and Events intern to join our team and assist in planning, executing, and promoting our events. Design Museum is a nomadic museum, meaning we don’t have a single physical location — we plan events and exhibitions in unique locations all over the city. Attention to detail and organization are essential components of this internship, as we are always in different spaces and in collaboration with different people. The internship will tackle challenges at multiple levels that are specific to Design Museum’s unique approach to delivering inspirational, transformational, and educational experiences.
- Professional correspondence and co-marketing with partner companies
- Research, writing, & helping to maintain social media (Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Instagram/etc)
- Use marketing web tools (Hootsuite, Eventbrite, and Mailchimp) to promote events
- Assist with e-newsletter
- Researching event trends and partners
- Assist with event planning and attend our events
- Basic graphic design skills are a plus!
- Copywriting and social media marketing
- Knowledge of the following tools/processes:
- Familiar with Adobe CreativeSuite (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Basic Audio/Visual set-up
- Social media channels, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Eventbrite
- Work experience in fast-paced setting
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has their own computer
- Is a self-starter, able to pick up parts of a project and contribute
- Is a collaborator, able to work with a team and boost its effectiveness
- Is adaptable, able to pivot and move forward with new constraints
- Is a planner, able to anticipate needs and put detailed plans in place for the future
- Is able and willing to be hands-on at events, which can require lifting up to 50 lbs and other manual tasks
- Is comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Has the ability to troubleshoot & solve problems on the spot
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Tuesday – Friday, on-site at Design Museum Foundation’s office in Downtown Boston.
To apply please send a resume to Jennifer Jackson at email@example.com
About Design Museum:
Design Museum Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit museum headquartered in Boston, MA with additional branches in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA — and a vision to establish branches in other major cities around the U.S. At Design Museum Boston we believe design can change the world. Done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make business more competitive, and protect our environment. Design awareness, education, and expertise are more important now than ever before as design continues to impact communities, organizations, and markets around the world. We’re redefining what it means to be a museum in the 21st century — we are online, nomadic, and accessible to all through a collection of exhibitions, events, and content. Design is everywhere. So are we. Our mission: bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire a world full of creative problem solvers by producing inspiring exhibitions and events, educating everyone from kids to CEOs in design thinking, and transforming cities and communities through innovative public demonstration projects.