Duration: January-May 2020 (Start and end dates are flexible)
Compensation: School Credit, Membership
Location: 100 Summer Street, Boston
Time: 20+ hours/week
Position Duties & Description:
Design Museum seeks an Editorial Production Intern to assist in the production of digital and printed assets. The intern will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with contributors, staff, and graphic designers to ensure content is delivered in a timely manner to meet deadlines. This position will also assist in research, copy writing, editing and proofreading. Time management, organizational skills, and excellent reading/writing/editing skills are essential to this position. The intern should be self-motivated and passionate intern who loves storytelling and wants to gain more publication experience.
The Intern will:
- Research, write, and proofread across Design Museum’s existing programs
- Assist with the editorial process in our quarterly magazine
- Play an integral role in the development of future programs with publications (exhibitions, books, etc)
Qualified applicants will have/be:
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for design, education, and/or publishing
- Organized and detail oriented with good interpersonal & communication skills
- Familiarity of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, and spreadsheets
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Hard worker, able to contribute under uncertainty, and learn while doing
- Have their own computer
Must be available at least 20 hours per week during Tuesday – Friday, on-site at Design Museum Foundation’s office in Downtown Boston.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials to Jennifer Jackson at email@example.com
About Design Museum:
Design Museum Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit museum headquartered in Boston, MA with additional branches in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA — and a vision to establish branches in other major cities around the U.S. At Design Museum Boston we believe design can change the world. Done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make business more competitive, and protect our environment. Design awareness, education, and expertise are more important now than ever before as design continues to impact communities, organizations, and markets around the world. We’re redefining what it means to be a museum in the 21st century — we are online, nomadic, and accessible to all through a collection of exhibitions, events, and content. Design is everywhere. So are we. Our mission: bring the transformative power of design everywhere, to inspire a world full of creative problem solvers by producing inspiring exhibitions and events, educating everyone from kids to CEOs in design thinking, and transforming cities and communities through innovative public demonstration projects.