Design Museum Foundation is seeking a Design Producer to join the team and develop, design, and produce elements and materials for public programming, marketing, and more. This position is full time with benefits.
The Design Producer will:
- Work directly with the Exhibition Manager to develop, design, and produce exhibitions on time and on budget.
- Work directly with the Community Manager to develop programmatic and marketing materials.
- Be part of program teams working to develop, launch, and install existing and new exhibition and event programs.
- Execute tasks and communicate status.
- Coordinate logistics: freight shipments and deliveries with shippers and venues.
- Coordinate with program venues, acquire necessary agreements and permits.
- Develop floor plans and elevations based on venues.
- Design exhibition layouts and marketing graphics.
- Graphic design for other communication elements.
- Coordinate with partners to acquire design assets.
- Coordinate installations and strike-downs with volunteers and venues.
- Develop knowledge of our audiences to more effectively deliver programming.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- A creative problem solver with a passion for design and education.
- A self-starter who can receive direction but also contribute under uncertainty.
- An efficient worker producing quality work on both short and long term projects.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Observant, friendly, kind, respectful, supportive of others.
- Able to absorb and adapt work based on feedback from management.
- Goal oriented, but not afraid to admit when they need help.
Technical Skills Required:
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise of 3D CAD software
- Mechanical assembly and feasibility knowledge
- Skills in fabrication and construction
- Graphic design skills are a must — candidates must know Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Begin ASAP
- Full-time: Monday-Friday, 9-5 schedule with some weekend and night projects
- On-site at Design Museum Foundation’s office at 100 Summer Street, Boston, MA
- Salary range: $40,000 – $45,000
- Benefits include: 401k, Paid Time Off + Comp Days, Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, Bonus program, Work-from-home Mondays
- We work in a collaborative team environment with a non-profit-meets-startup mentality.
- Our jobs are full time, with morning, evening, and weekend events and an all-hands-on-deck attitude.
- We eat lunch together as team every day.
- We are all creative problem solvers, even on-the-fly.
- Ownership, autonomy, and initiative — We anticipate future needs/tasks.
- We ask questions and are curious.
- We all want to see Design Museum succeed, and this means participating in events and caring about our mission, content, and design overall.
- We’re flexible! Things in our environment change quickly. We roll with the punches.
Email cover letter, design work samples, and resume to email@example.com
Cover letter should outline/detail experience.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described above, or who have skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.