Meet Spring’s UNITE Panelists

March 21, 2017 | | View Comments

Before we dive into Now What? How Public Policy Shapes the Built Environment on March 23, let’s meet our panel of experts to learn more about their backgrounds. Meet our panel of experts who will take the stage at our next UNITE, where attendees develop a deeper understanding of the various ways that public policy can impact the built environment.

Space is filling up, make sure you grab your tickets to UNITE now!

Moderator: Lauren Dezenski, Politico

Lauren Dezenski is a reporter for POLITICO Massachusetts and the author of the Massachusetts Playbook.

Prior to joining POLITICO Massachusetts, Lauren had been covering Boston’s colorful politics at the Dorchester Reporter, where she created and wrote The Relay, a newsletter that become the go-to source for news on the Boston Olympic bid.

She has also previously covered the state politics for the Cape Cod Times and New Bedford Standard-Times, as well as general assignment reporting for the Boston Globe, Allston-Brighton Tab, Somerville Journal, Cambridge Chronicle.

Dezenski holds a bachelor’s degree from Boston University and is an alumna of the school’s independent student newspaper The Daily Free Press.

In 2012, Lauren received the Nathan H. Miller Award in recognition for her work at The Daily Free Press.

Panelist: Joe Breen, Skanska

Joe Breen is Senior Vice President and Project Executive at Skanska USA.

He has over 30 years of experience managing complex, large-scale urban projects for healthcare facilities. His clients include the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Mass Eye and Ear Institute.

Joe received his Bachelor of Arts in engineering sciences from Dartmouth College. He is a member of Skanska’s Healthcare Center of Excellence Advisory Board and Executive Sponsor of Skanska’s Lean Leadership Team.

He is also a member of the Lean Construction Institute and is a LEED ® Accredited Professional.

Panelist: Jonathan Greeley, Boston Planning and Development Agency

Jonathan provides leadership for the BRA’s review of development proposals from commercial and non-profit entities seeking to renovate and/or construct commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and mixed use projects in Boston.

He manages the Development Review Department.  Jonathan has significant experience with public engagement and neighborhood revitalization activities in complex urban environments. Since first joining the BRA as an intern in 2005, his work has included the implementation of the Roxbury Strategic Master Plan, the reinvigoration of Downtown Crossing, conceptualization of air rights development along the Massachusetts Turnpike, and long-term planning for the Fenway neighborhood. Most recently, he has helped to launch Imagine Boston 2030.

Jonathan, who resides in the Back Bay, holds a B.A. from St. Anselm College and an M.A in Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning from Tufts University. He received his AICP certification from the American Planning Association in 2014.

Panelist: David Saladik, MASS Design Group

David Saladik was a co-founding member of MASS in 2008 and currently serves as Design Director in Boston, overseeing projects both globally and at home in the US.

After working on the Butaro Hospital in Rwanda, David spearheaded MASS’s expansion into Haiti, establishing an office in Port-au-Prince in 2011 and leading the design and construction of Haiti’s first permanent Cholera Treatment Center and MDR-TB hospital, both for GHESKIO. In 2013, David transitioned to West Africa to develop the Liberia Health Infrastructure Standards and Guidelines and now leads MASS’s post-Ebola efforts for long term health systems strengthening in Liberia, including the design of a new campus for Redemption Hospital in Monrovia.

Today David leads MASS’s effort to build a US-based portfolio of work delivering high-quality design to underserved communities. David received his Bachelors of Arts from Boston University and his Masters in Architecture from Harvard Graduate School of Design.

RSVP to Now What? How Public Policy Shapes the Built Environment today!