Top Highlights from the 2022 Annual Meeting
Thank you to everyone who attended our 2022 Annual Meeting! There is no better way to start the year than by gathering together, reviewing the last year, and looking forward to the one ahead.
In case you missed it, or just want to relive some of the magic, here are some of the top highlights:
Year in Review
Over the course of 2021, together our Design Museum Everywhere community was able to:
- Engage our community through the Bespoke Bodies and We Design exhibitions, as well as the We Design Conversation Cards;
- Host virtual events that brought over 1,000 people together from all 50 states, DC, and 20 countries;
- Achieve over 80,000 downloads of the Design Is Everywhere podcast;
- Publish four issues of Design Museum Magazine, where we covered climate change, policing, and more.
With 2022 already off to an amazing start, this year you can look forward to:
- Design Museum Week, taking place April 25-29, 2022;
- Touring exhibitions on play, community, and design and you — including bringing the Bespoke Bodies exhibit to the National WWI Museum and Memorial;
- Reading the new book of We Design stories;
- Four more issues of Design Museum Magazine, with the next one covering design and footwear;
- Events focusing on students, career coaching, and more.
Distinguished Medals of Service
It was our great honor to present Dieter and Karen Reuther with the Distinguished Medals of Service, which recognizes excellence in the mission of bringing the transformative power of design everywhere.
How to Get Involved
Feeling excited about 2022? There are multiple ways to help us spread the power of design everywhere:
- Get inspired at this April’s Design Museum Week;
- Be a part of the groundbreaking We Design Book campaign;
- Join the DME Council, our thought leadership community, or the Partner Program, which connects companies to our design community. For more information, contact us here;
- Sign up for our newsletter to get notified about upcoming programs;
- Become a student mentor. For more information, contact us here.
Thank you for helping us make 2022 our best year yet!